Saturday 7 October 2023

Sat 7th Oct: Volunteers needed for the T8

If I always seem to be talking about the weather, that's for two reasons.  First of all I'm English, even if I've been living in Hong Kong for just about forty years, and that's what British people do.  Secondly, the weather affects our daily operations, especially at our Tai Po Homing Centre, so it matter more to us and the dogs that it does to most people, and right now we're looking at a surprise T8 on Sunday.  I thought we'd be passed by this time, but maybe we won't after all.  If you're a volunteer and can help out at any of our Homing Centres on Sunday, please come when you can as we're going to be short staffed once the T8 signal is raised. 

Back to Saturday, there were a few happy adoptions to write about starting with the standard poodle Macc, who became the most asked-about dog after his photos were shared on Facebook and Instagram.  As is always the case there are lots of disappointed would-be adopters, but it's also frustrating for me that I've been talking about him for a while without any interest, then suddenly so many great homes were offered.  What can I say other than if you want to be the first to know about new dogs that are available you have to read my blog!

The lucky adopters of Oberon 

There were more disappointments around another popular poodle, a smaller one this time, as Oberon also had a lot of interest.  He was adopted today, and again if you want to know when others are due to arrive to take his place you'll have to read my blog.  We do still have other poodles by the way, just not as young as Oberon. 
Grainger may be 8 years but he's still like a puppy

We also have many other small and medium-sized dogs that may not be particular breeds but just as lovely, and probably with less-demanding temperaments.  Poodles are definitely attention seekers, and they don't like to be ignored.  The adopter of Onyx came looking for a poodle but left with this very sweet terrier type, and if I'm honest I would have chosen her too. 

Adorable Onyx

Another dog that I've been writing about for a while was adopted today, and in the end Cavapoo Skippy also had more than one potential home offered.  As it is, he's now with his new family and I hope he settles in quickly.

Skippy's new family 

The following are some volunteer's photos of the Kennedy Town North Street dogs that are still waiting for homes.  Please complete the adoption questionnaire if you would like to meet any of them, and it's at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/. 

No comments:

Post a Comment