Friday 27 October 2023

Fri 27th Oct: A happy double

 I'm not going to talk about the two golden retrievers that arrived on Wednesday other than to say I know they won't be with us for very long!   We have also been asked to accept another two year-old GR, which is good timing assuming it actually turns up, as so many times these urgent surrender requests end up with "I gave it to a friend".  This also just happened with the German shepherd I mentioned a couple of times this week, and even a mongrel puppy I was asked if we could take in as he had been deemed to be "too ugly".  Sadly I even had a home waiting for this very cute little boy when I was told the rescuer had given it to a passerby, which inevitably means a horrible and probably short life.   You could say it's a good thing that we don't end up having to take in more dogs, which is true, but at the same time I wonder about the homes they end up in if the owners just want to get rid of them.  It also wastes our time and energy when we need to be finding homes for dogs that are actually already with us. 

Sweet mini bulldog Nancy 

Anyway I can absolutely guarantee that the lovely little bulldog girl, Nancy, is with us and needing a home, and the others that came to us from AFCD on Thursday.  Sunshine is eighteen months old and a very sweet boy, and the two older puppies are also sweet and friendly girls, eight months old (now Dimple and Doodle). 
Doodle 

Sunshine 

Dimple 

There was a double adoption at Kennedy Town for two of the other recent arrivals, and I had known that the whippet puppy would be leaving, but was very happy to see that mixed breed puppy Boozy was taken as a friend too.  I'm sure these two will have a lot of fun as they grow up together. 

Happy times ahead for Barley and Boozy


No comments:

Post a Comment