Sunday 24 October 2021

Sun 24th Oct: An unexpected delivery

This one would be mine 

 I really don't know where to start, as there was so much happening today that I'll have to keep everything as brief as possible. We weren't expecting the new group of dogs to arrive until Monday at the earliest, so it was a total surprise to get the message that they were on the way to Sai Kung.  Our driver Ming was already heading to Whiskers N Paws with foster puppy Ronnie in the van, so he had to do a quick turnaround after dropping Ronnie and the other puppies off, and head straight back to collect the new arrivals.  Catherine (Catherine's Puppies) had already been sending me photos so I had some idea of what to expect, and the dogs and puppies are a complete mix this time round.  You can take a look at the video of the dogs arriving to get an idea: https://www.facebook.com/hkdogrescue/videos/301894391493858
All the adults, no names yet

There are so many lovely little, and not so little, faces that I wouldn't know who to choose, so I would have to adopt at least a pair. 

The new puppies


Rosie


While all of this was going on of course the Homing Centre team were busy with adoptions, and these are the lucky dogs that went home today: Rain, Russell, Rory, Rylie, Riddle, Rosie and Romany, with ex-breeder shiba inu Skippy (the one with the neurological bobbing) going to a foster home. 
Riddle


Rylie

Rodger So was the volunteer photographer at the Whiskers N Paws puppy party, and as always his photos are amazing  Puppy Adoption Day 24th Oct 2021, with unfortunately no on-site adoptions to record this week. 




2 comments:

  1. Bless you Sally, and all of your Team and everyone who cares for these furbabies. Adopting a dog was amongst the best things I've done in my life, and I LOVE the way my furbaby enjoyed his life once he found a real home and all the wonderful people and places and other dogs in it. I wish all these families all the same joy that I got, (and patience that I needed!), with their new furry family members. Love to you all.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! October certainly is a record for the amount of dogs and puppies coming in! I hope it will be a bumper month for adoptions!

    ReplyDelete