Wednesday 29 September 2021

Weds 29th Sept: So many dogs in need of homes

 

The family of four will soon be together again

The poodle family were taken home today, that's Dumpling, Cobbler and Crumble, with Strudel also due to re-join the others from her current foster home.  What a fantastically happy result, something we really never expected to happen so it's all the more joyful.

Speedy by name, speedy by nature



Today continued like preceding days with so many adoption enquiries, but mostly for the same puppy (Ollie) and Speedy the corgi, so I'm very happy to say that Speedy should be heading off home on Thursday.  I say 'should' rather than 'will', because after his interview and meeting with his potential shiba "brother", which went very well, the two dogs were together in the small reception area while the adoption paperwork was being completed.  It's a tight squeeze at the best of times, but adding to the situation there was a big delivery (of dog treats from Australia) which may have been the catalyst that started the fight. When I first got the message I assumed that was that and Speedy's adoption was over before it even started, but apparently not.  In fairness to Speedy he's been a very happy and playful dog, tolerating even the puppies and their demands, so I hope I'm right in thinking it was all just too much for everyone at the time. 

There were further meetings at the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre today which I hope will turn into adoptions, but you'll have to watch this space to find out who I'm talking about.

Heidi the Caucasian Shepherd (shaved)

I wrote yesterday about an exceptional case of a a very large dog in need of a home, and not one that's under HKDR which is why I say it's an exception.  Actually for the breed, a Caucasion Shepherd, Heidi is relatively small at only 52 kilos, but that's still a lot of dog for most Hong Kong homes.  Please let me know if you're interested in knowing more by completing the adoption questionnaire at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/

Little Nola 

Another dog in need of a home (in addition to the hundreds of hopefuls waiting at our Tai Po Homing Centre) is little girl Nola, and the reason I'm posting her details here is because I don't want her to have to come to the Homing Centre.  Nola was adopted as a puppy, as most are, and now at two years of age her family have gone to the UK leaving Nola with friends.   Putting aside all of the "why did they leave their dog behind" questions, I want to concentrate on the dog, the innocent one, and because she's young and small-medium at only 12 kilos in weight, I hope she'll be the perfect size for a family wanting a dog like Nola.  Again please complete the adoption questionnaire as a first step if you're interested in knowing more. 
My Top Tip for the day is Dolly


I can't forget the Tai Po dogs as they need highlighting too, and my top tip for today is a very sweet young girl, barely out of puppyhood.  Her name is Dolly, and she'd make the perfect family companion.  Please don't overlook these beautiful girls and boys just because they don't have a breed label attached.  Dolly is a star in the making, just give her the chance to prove it to you. 

2 comments:

  1. What absolutely wonderful people to adopt all 3 poodles together! Such a compassionate couple. Sending many blessings & good Karma! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nola is wonderful, and also the sweet faced Dolly. She's a real sweetie.

    ReplyDelete