Friday 28 September 2018

Fri 28th Sept: More good news

Thanks to her loving foster parent Dorset is now enjoying walks
It's so good to be able to write yet another good news blog, with more dogs either being adopted or having homes lined up.

One of those is Dorset the Doberman, an incredibly soft and loving ex-breeder girl whose Typhoon Foster not only started teaching Dorset how to use the appropriate toilet area and how to begin to enjoy going outside for short walks, but also made a huge effort to find the right home - and successfully.  I know everyone at Tai Po will be thrilled because Dorset is loved by all, and I'm really so grateful to her foster parent.
Brownie will have a new name I'm sure


One more ex-breeder dog went home today, straight from Acorn where he had been for desexing.  I was there to visit one of my Lamma dogs who's quite sick in hospital so I was able to do the handover of Brownie the labrador, but as usual I completely forgot to take a photo.  I'm sure I can get one sent by his adopter, who also has another ex-HKDR to show Brownie around.

Anna is now 4 years old and still so sweet
It was quite funny at Acorn, that every dog in the waiting room was an HKDR graduate, whether poodle or mixed breed.  One was Anna, another Domino, and also Mister, a fairly recent addition at Tai Po and currently in a foster home.  Some dogs remember me well, others dimly and a few not at all, but I remember them all.
Mister is still a puppy at around ten months
Domino will be leaving for Australia soon

Another Tai Po dog that will be going home soon is Jason, one of our many lovely mixed breeds, so often overlooked.

I hope I can continue my good news posts through the weekend and beyond, so keep reading!

Jason in foster is promised a home very soon

2 comments: