Wednesday 21 February 2018

Weds 21st Feb: Two lovely Dobermans

Noddy the Yorkie
I don't normally leave Lamma on Wednesdays but I wanted to try and find something for my foster turtles as they aren't well (they have a respiratory tract infection if anyone can make any recommendations).  As I was over on Hong Kong Island anyway, I took Noddy, the newly surrendered Yorkie, to AFCD to get his license updated.  He's a tiny and very sweet little dog and I don't think he'll have to wait very long for a new home.

This poodle appeared while I was at AFCD
By the time I got back to the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre with Noddy, another small dog had been surrendered, this time a seven year-old poodle girl.  She'd been living in Public Housing, where dogs are strictly forbidden, and regardless of the rights and wrongs of the government policy this poodle had to go.   We get quite a lot of adoption requests from people living in No Pets buildings, and when I point this out the reply is always "lots of people have dogs where I live".  I believe it, but it just means that all of these people may too have to surrender their pets when the eviction notice arrives.  We don't make the rules or necessarily agree with them, but until there are changes we won't home to buildings where dogs aren't allowed to live.
Dorset is 6 years old and the sweetest dog imaginable


While I was at AFCD I signed the re-homing forms for a senior doberman who had been picked up as a stray in Chater Gardens, Central. She's a very sweet and lovely dog, large too obviously, and without any registered owner so nobody can be contacted to be asked why?  Why would you just dump your old dog in the middle of Central? 

We still have another ultra-sweet ex-breeder Doberman girl at Tai Po (Dorset) and nobody seems to want her either, so I'm not holding out much hope for this new dog but I couldn't bear to leave her to her inevitable fate if I didn't get her out.  If anyone has a big heart and a large enough home to look after incredibly sweet older dogs, please give Dorset (actually only six years so not even really a senior) or this new girl a place to stay.  "New girl", who doesn't have a name yet, will be picked up by our driver on Thursday and taken to Acorn, but then she will have to go to Tai Po.

Inky-now-Zelda found her forever home over Chinese New Year (with brother Finn)
There are a few things going on this coming weekend, which include our two puppy afternoons after a week's break over Chinese New Year.  On Saturday we'll be holding our first puppy adoption mini-event at Heal, 10 Second Street, from 1pm to 4pm, and then those puppies who didn't go on Saturday or weren't adopted will be at Whiskers N Paws on Sunday 2pm to 5pm as usual.


Also on Saturday and for fans of yoga, you can join the Yoga For All session at the Sun Yat Sen Park, 10.30 to 12, while on Sunday there's a dog "walk" (more of a gathering to be honest) in Lee Tung Avenue and you can sign up here:

Have you signed up for the Lee Tung Avenue X HKDR CNY Walk this Sunday?
報名表格 Sign up now: https://goo.gl/forms/jPZYsK8ySzWZnfe33

No comments:

Post a Comment