Thursday 22 February 2018

Thurs 22nd Feb: Mack, Goldie and Boodle

Rag likes carrying things
By sheer luck I was on my way over from Lamma when I got the message that a couple from The Young Reporter Magazine were at Ap Lei Chau for our appointment, something I had completely forgotten about. I had my dog Rag with me as he needed to see a vet due to his lameness, so he had to stay in the van while I did the interview and some video filming with the small dogs before heading off to Acorn.

I need a better photo of Puffy as he's very cute
I also took the newly-surrendered poodle with me as we had been told he'd had nothing done in terms of vaccinations, and he's a very sweet little boy although quite vocal.  I suspect this is the reason he had to leave his previous Public Housing home, because it's hard to hide a dog that barks with excitement.  Anyone who adopts now-called Puffy needs to know that he likes to chatter away in his poodly voice, so he wouldn't suit a home-alone situation or a small apartment with close neighbours.
Finally Mack has a real home


Earlier in the morning Mack had been sent over from Tai Po to meet his potential new family, and he left for a trial with the resident dog.  Mack is such a sweet boy that I can't foresee any problems, and I'm only surprised that he waited as long as he did for a home.
Goldie with now-confirmed brother Kit, also an ex-HKDR boy


There was more good news from Tai Po as both Goldie and Boodle also had their trial periods converted to confirmed adoptions, with Goldie having made huge improvements in his timid behaviour.  He looks and acts like a different dog now, and is clearly very happy with his new family.

The doberman girl I wrote about yesterday was picked up from AFCD, and as I already knew she's a very sweet and lovely dog.  As our other doberman is called Dorset after a county in England, I matched the new dog's name by calling her Devon, a neighbouring county.  I really hope someone will come forward to give either or both of these dobermans a retirement home, as they are really deserving.

As expected, Rag has ruptured his cruciate ligament so he can't go for walks for some time.  I've already been leaving him behind as I could see he needed to rest his leg, but the poor boy thinks he's in trouble and is very upset.  If only I could explain it's for his own good.

The weekend's coming up, and with two puppy adoption afternoons I hope I'll have a lot of happy adoptions to talk about.  Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment