Tuesday 27 February 2018

Tues 27th Feb: A quiet day for once

This fuzzy girl looks just like my Fuzzy Monkey
It was a slow days in terms of dog movement with no newcomers arriving and nobody leaving,  although we are expecting some dogs in the coming days.   Two of these are from the same family as just-adopted Goldie and they have been staying in a shelter since they were picked up as part of a Trap and Neuter exercise.  I have a soft spot for fuzzy-coated dogs, and one of the pair coming to us looks exactly like my current Fuzzy Monkey so I couldn't say no.  These dogs share not only a very distinctive look but all seem to have the same timid temperament, so the homes they go to must be the right ones.
My own shy Fuzzy Monkey

My main concern this week is finding new places, foster or permanent, for the puppies coming back from their various short-term homes.  Celia and Willy are having to be returned on Friday, and I'm very happy that at least Celia has been offered a foster-with-a-view-to-adopt position, but Willy may have to join Teddy and Monty on Lamma, which doesn't make me at all happy.   Please let Cindy know if you can help by emailing foster@hongkongdogrescue.com, thank you.
Teddy and Monty are still currently homeless
Willy needs a new place to stay PLEASE!


Hercules the malamute will go to Whiskers N Paws for grooming on Friday, and that will be quite a challenge I suspect, but he's a lovely dog with a sweet nature.  I have to thank those who offered to pay for his makeover, and any extra funds received will go towards his heartworm treatment.  He will be desexed next Monday and we will be looking for a home for him after that if anyone has the space for a very large dog, but I do also have to remind potential adopters or fosters that he's not toilet trained so a garden would be a great help with that.
Hercules is heading to the groomers on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment