Monday 12 February 2018

Mon 12th Feb: Problem solved!

I enjoyed playing with these very sweet poodles at Ap Lei Chau
Two problems made things difficult today, the first being that I found I had left my wallet in the bag I take to Whiskers N Paws on Sundays, so I was without either cash or credit card, or any means of getting money from an ATM.  Since the first half of the afternoon had been set aside for a video interview at the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre with Associated Press, I thought I could take advantage of the free time afterwards to do some pre-Chinese New Year shopping, but obviously that didn't happen.

The second, and rather more important problem, was that after a very long time of email and website disruptions, it was discovered that my sally@hongkongdogrescue.com email address was infected with a virus so it had to be immediately inactivated.  For a long time I thought my computer was infected, but after being checked out by experts it was found to be free of any viruses, and the long-standing issue was finally tracked down to the actual email address.  Don't ask me how this works because I have no idea, but now I have a new email address which is sallyandersen@hongkongdogrescue.com in case you need it.  If you have received any Spam from my email address in the past, I hope that will be the end of it now.

Milo at the back
We have a few Tai Po dogs out on trial adoptions, and one of them had his forever status confirmed today.   Milo the golden retriever had waited quite a long time for his chance of a home because he wasn't good with small dogs, but hopefully this behaviour will become a thing of the past, if it hasn't already been resolved.  It's lovely to see the older dogs being given the opportunity to show their best side, and Milo obviously did just that.
Peaky is settling well at Tai Po Homing Centre


Doglet Peaky is settling well at Tai Po after having been sent over from Lamma, and I was happy to receive some video proof that he's having fun and now allowing himself to be touched and have his ears rubbed.  Meeting lots of people is important with the shy puppies, so my other recovered-from-tick-fever litter will soon be joining Peaky at Tai Po.
Heal won't be fully open, but we'll be there with puppies on Sat 24th Feb


We have an important announcement to make about puppy adoptions, as starting from Saturday 24th February we will be holding small adoption events at Heal, 10 Second Street, Sai Ying Pun (just along from Acorn Vet Hospital).  This won't be as big a puppy show as Whiskers N Paws on Sundays, which will of course still take place, but there will be a reasonable number of puppies available and maybe some small adult dogs too.   We'll see how things work as we go along.  At the moment we're thinking of being there from 1pm to 4pm, but again we'll be flexible about timing as we see how things work.  Heal is right next to a coffee shop so you'll be able to enjoy a hot drink while you choose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment