Sunday 24 December 2023

Sun 24th Dec: A wonderful Christmas Eve

 Before I share all of the good news for today, I want to start by wishing a very Happy Christmas to all my readers.  I do receive quite a few nice comments about my posts and how people enjoy them, and that's very reassuring.  It's always good to know my words are reaching, and perhaps influencing, at least some.

Johnny was first time lucky 

Bandit and his new family 

I wasn't expecting that there would be many, if any, adoptions today, so I'm delighted to say that I was wrong and it was a great day for the puppies. 

Yep, Rufus is accepted! 

Three found their forever families at Whiskers N Paws, while Reggie's trial adopter let us know that he wouldn't be bringing Reggie to the Puppy Party because he would be adopting.  I can't remember if I had already mentioned that another puppy on trial adoption (to see if the resident dog would accept him) also had his adoption confirmed, and that was Rufus.  
I guessed Jamie would be chosen 

Button is around 4 months 

With the adoption today of Bandit, poor Romy is back to being alone again and she must be missing her playmates.  We took in two absolutely gorgeous puppies today who will be able to join Romy soon, but first we have to keep them separately so we can be sure they're healthy.  They're not babies so I feel pretty confident that they won't be infected with any puppy diseases, but we need to be sure.  
Bertie is around 6 months old 

Barry and Benjamin will come back

We will also most likely be bringing back the last of the Bucket Pups from their foster home to Kennedy Town, because they live too far away to be able to make the Whiskers N Paws afternoons.  

Haku was in and out

One of the just-arrived ex-breeder shibas was also adopted today, and I know Haku is going to be overjoyed at his new life away from his previous horrible situation. 

We don't have the photos from today's Whiskers N Paws Puppy Party yet as our coordinator, Elena, is on holiday so there's a time delay.  I'm looking forward to seeing Jimmy Tsang's albim because I know there will be so many great shots of the puppies, both the lucky ones and those still waiting.

We will be open on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, and every other day of the year, so if you want to adopt any of our dogs and puppies please start by completing the adoption questionnaire at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/. 

Most of all I want some of the Tai Po dogs and doglets to find their forever homes, perhaps especially the older puppies who are still young enough to have their full life ahead of them.  Please remember them when you are looking for a new family member. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm also happy to follow your blog and reward about the dogs and their adoptions! Thank you for all the hard-work you and your wonderful team do to help dogs! XXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete