Tuesday 30 April 2019

Tues 30th April: A funny day

If ever there was proof that we rely very heavily on smartphones these days it was today, as both of my phones died first thing in the morning.  I did have a new replacement that I was planning on setting up on Wednesday, but in the end had to do with having messages relayed via our driver Ming's phone.  It was quite a shock to realise how lost I felt without being able to stay in constant contact or to be able to read and reply to emails and Whatsapp messages, but that's how it is these days.  I have no idea how we functioned in the early days of HKDR when it was basically phone calls or actual physical meetings only. 

All 7 of today's new puppies
I had to bear in mind during the day that we had the Raise the Woof comedy event in the evening, so I didn't handle the seven puppies I took from AFCD,  and left them with Ming at Acorn while I disappeared.  There are six black-and-tans from one litter, all very friendly, and one from another litter that I took because of her looks.
This girl is a bit different

So many people had asked about little Panda, who went to a foster home today, that I thought it would be good to have a variety of youngsters available.  I should also mention that we have another two pups in foster, one of whom is also a pretty black-and-white, and with the name Milky if anyone is interested.
Milky and Teddy are in foster but need forever homes

On top of that we have two sharpei babies arriving, so we are really very seriously overloaded and in urgent need of fosters or forever homes for as many as possible.   Please contact Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com if you can help look after puppies for a while.
Sharpei brother and sister


One thing I want to mention, and which I have spoken about before, is that all of our puppies are already trained to use newspaper for toilet needs, and we ask that any fosters or adopters don't reverse this by trying to crate train them.  They don't need it and won't understand why they are suddenly being shut in a cage or crate when they know how to be clean.   We are also in need of more newspapers now that we have so many puppies, so please don't throw any away.  If you can deliver to either of our Homing Centres that would be very helpful, thank you.
Our puppies know what to do!


The evening Raise the Woof event went very well and I think everyone had a great time.  I have to thank long-term supporter and adopter Jami Gong for putting the show together, as well as the comedians  Pete GrellaAnthony SoliminiTroy LewisBenjamin Quinlan who took part and made us all laugh.  Of course there are the volunteers who make our events possible, and I'm always grateful for the help and support given.
Takeout Comedy plus HKDR 
My first (and last) stand-up gig!



No comments:

Post a Comment