Wednesday 6 September 2017

Weds 7th Sept: Lucky Inca and a not-impossible dream

Inca: in and out
As expected, new puppy Inca was adopted today, less than twenty four hours after arriving at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre and she has a lovely new family and home.   If only all puppies could be so lucky, a fact I was reminded of when I posted a photo on my own Facebook page of two Lamma dogs who were never chosen as youngsters.
Jilly using Bridge as a chair


Admittedly Jilly is a complicated character and it was understandable that she ended up staying with me, but Bridge was - and is - a lovely boy, sweet and easy.  Alice Lau, one of our regular Positive Partners trainers who is also a recommended private trainer, responded to my post with her own photo of Bridge as a puppy at Whiskers N Paws, alongside two others, Campari and Raffles.  Of the three only Raffles found a home, while Campari and her sister Tiffany still live on Lamma.  They are also wonderful dogs, happy and easygoing, and it makes me sad to know they will almost certainly never experience a family and a normal home life.  I do what I can to provide as much as possible, but I can never have enough hands or time to give every dog the petting and attention they love so much.
Volunteer Jamie and husband Andy with Olive

Raffles, Campari and Bridge at Whiskers N Paws

It's not an impossible dream to imagine that a few Lamma dogs could find their own homes as it's happened before, although rarely.  Docker, Gloria, Bumpy and Olive are four that I can think of, and Omar, who ran away from his day-long foster home and ended up being adopted by the person who found him.
Omar is the brother of Tiffany and Campari

No comments:

Post a Comment