Monday 25 September 2017

Mon 25th Sept: A new week and a new start

Kate's proud smile says "I was chosen!"
Setting aside the disappointment of Sunday, today was a new week and there was a lovely adoption at Tai Po to kick start the day.  Kate had a strange story as when I took her from AFCD and to have her health check at Acorn, she was already registered there as a puppy called Thelma.  It seemed this puppy had been found wandering but was microchipped and the owner wanted her back.  He lived in Pokfulam Village and allowed Thelma and her sister, nicknamed Louise, to wander freely, as many dogs in that area do. When Thelma was picked up once again this time her owner gave her up and she officially became Kate.  Now she has a new home and a new life far away from her days of wandering.
Porter had no age or owner details attached to his microchip


I'd arranged to meet up at AFCD with the adopter of new breeder Yorkie Porter, and of course while there I was told there were three new puppies available.  They are gorgeous little things, and two of them will only be medium sized adults I'm sure.  For now they're at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre because I was worried about them being bullied by older pups, which is unfortunately how things work in the puppy world.  One of the pups, a girl, reminded me so much of our funny Benji so I was trying to think of a name that was similar, and came up with Budgie.
Budgie is actually very small and fluffy


After having had the puppies microchipped, which is always done regardless of a puppy's age, Porter still hadn't arrived and I was starting to worry so messaged our Foster Cordinator Cindy to ask if she know what had happened.   She said Porter was on his way in a taxi, so I passed the time playing with the puppies and taking a photo of Budgie (which doesn't really show how small and lovely she is).  Eventually I contacted Cindy again and said I really needed to get to Acorn and asked if there was any update on Porter's whereabouts.  The reply came back from Cindy that she was now unable to reach anyone, so in the end I had to leave without having had Porter licensed.  Later on Cindy heard that the taxi had been involved in an accident, although thankfully there were no injuries, so I suggested Porter go straight to Acorn and have everything done at the same time.

Benji is doing so much better and loves the dog park

1 comment:

  1. Budgie and Benji are both so adorably cute! Love them both. They are absolutely gorgeous! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete