Tuesday 12 September 2017

Weds 12th Sept: Tuesday is this week's Wednesday

Murphy and Bali together in the buggy
I have to work on Wednesday so was relieved to be able to stay at home today so I could take care of Bali.  That included giving him a haircut and bath, both of which were necessary given his incontinence, and while I had the clippers out I did the same for Murphy.  He loves being shaved except when it comes to his feet, so I had the usual battle to get rid of his "slippers" and to cut his nails.  The result is always satisfying though, and I felt it was a job well done.
Boris pre-surgery having a cuddle


Poor Boris the bulldog went for surgery today, not just the routine desexing but also to cut away the excessive facial folds and to lift his eyelids.  Both of these are often necessary in breeds like bulldogs, pugs and sharpeis because there is too much skin and it pushes the eyelashes into the eyes (entropian) and also collects dirt and bacteria.  Now Boris looks as though he's been in a head-on car accident but he'll quickly heal and feel much better afterwards.

I'm feeling quite excited about this coming weekend, and hopefully a few more after that, as we have quite a few adoption enquiries coming in and there's nothing better than saying goodbye to our dogs and puppies as they leave to start their new lives. When I'm asked if I ever miss them I do have a few moments, but my happiness that they will have a family of their own more than makes up for it.

A full house on Saturday at the Aberdeen Marina Club
The photos from Saturday's Diamond Dogs Gala Fundraiser have been posted, so please take a look through to see if you can spot yourselves if you were there. Thanks again to Jamie and team for organising, and to our many generous sponsors for their amazing support.

Hong Kong Dog Rescue (HKDR) added 258 new photos to the album Diamond Dog's Fundraising Gala— at The Aberdeen Marina Club 深灣遊艇會

No comments:

Post a Comment