Friday 29 September 2017

Fri 29th Sept: Hello Snubby and goodbye Babs

I have to start by correcting an error about pricing I made yesterday when writing about the wine we now have for sale, as the correct price is $60 a bottle without a discount for a case (of twelve).  I had a very quick look through yesterday and there's an amazing assortment of red, white and rose, and all very good quality, so come along any time between 10am and 6pm to choose.

Snubby is a very sweet boy
Our driver Sing dropped me at AFCD to pick up the small dog that I'd been waiting to get out, and while he went on to collect the wine I took a taxi with now-Snubby to Acorn.  He's a very sweet dog, three years old and a mix of something like a chihuahua with I-don't-know-what, and we were already on kissing and cuddling terms by the time we left for the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre. He seems to have a very calm and loving temperament and would be fine with children I think.
New poodle Dylan is also very sweet


We have so many very sweet small dogs now and another one or two groups of new arrivals over the weekend. Four poms will come on Saturday afternoon, with ex-breeder bichons and poodles possibly on Sunday.  As usual I have no idea of age or anything else, so it's a question of wait and see.

As much as I love all adoptions, I'm extra happy when dogs leave Tai Po because there are more of them there but fewer chosen due to their size.  Today's lucky girl was Babs, and I know I speak for all staff and volunteers when I say she was sent on her way with much love and happiness.
We are all so happy for Babs


We seem to be overstocked with all sizes and ages right now, and while there are always literally hundreds of dogs at Tai Po we're often (very happily) down to just a few puppies and small dogs.  For Sunday's Whiskers N Paws however there will be a lot of new arrivals for potential adopters to meet, including the very small and young Budgie and Lena and adorable Grace, new in from Sheung Shui and also very small for five months.  She's a total sweetheart who is desperate for cuddles, and she'd make a perfect family member.

This and every Sunday!


Grace is very small and really exceptionally sweet

Budgie and Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment