Saturday 16 July 2016

Sat 16th July: Penny and Chance

Penny and Domino have been together since they were very young
I think I prefer the rain to dripping with my own sweat as the puny air conditioner fights a losing battle against the intense heat.  No doubt I will have my wish for some relief granted before too long and regret it, but for now I'm happy that I can get my Lamma puppies over to Whiskers N Paws on Sunday without battling the elements.  One puppy won't have to make the boat trip again, as Penny was sent to Ap Lei Chau today for an adoption interview which she happily passed, so she will be picked up on Sunday after spending the night at the Homing Centre.  Penny's best friend Domino will miss her playmate, and it would be lovely to see both girls leaving at the same time to start their new lives.

Chance has been with us since April when he came from AFCD
There is also light at the end of the tunnel for another Ap Lei Chau dog who was never meant to be staying for so long anyway.  Chance is the three-legged dog who was offered a home in Canada, but we have been waiting to arrange everything for his long-haul flight, including treating his heartworm infection (now all cleared). I posted on Facebook that we needed someone to take Chance to Vancouver as excess baggage, and thank you to everyone who offered to help.  It turned out that Air Canada won't accept dogs on flights until September when it's cooler, so that automatically disqualified quite of few of the offers and now it looks as though it will be our ex-General Manager, Linda, who will be the one to accompany Chance on the flight at the beginning of August.   I really appreciate that so many people responded to my request, so thanks again.

Snow and our HKDR umbrella
I'm sure husky Snow was very relieved to be leaving Tai Po today for her trial adoption.  I can't imagine what it's like for these thick-coated breeds that have to live outside,  and it's frustrating and upsetting that people continue to buy Siberian huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Tibetan mastiffs and so on.  The clue is in the name, and these dogs should be living in cold climates not the tropics, but if they have to be here then the very least they should have is air conditioning (that works, unlike mine!)

See you at Whiskers N Paws if you're looking for a puppy



No comments:

Post a Comment