Monday 4 July 2016

Mon 4th July: Puppies and more puppies


Ginny is getting used to coming along with me when I leave Lamma to go over the the "mainland", and she was very excited today when I clipped her leash on.  Happily for me she is recovering from tick fever so well that I don't need to take her back again for further blood tests, but she'll be disappointed.  It really surprised me how happy and relaxed she was riding in the van or following me round the AFCD Animal Management Centre, even checking out the dogs in the kennel block. She refused to be left behind so I let her walk beside me, and she showed a keen interest in everything and everyone with absolutely no fear or indication that for the past ten years she had barely left our island home.  What a shame that she never had the chance to be a real family member.

I can also close the medical file on Gershwin, whose ghastly neck wound from a wild boar's tusk has now completely healed.  It seems almost miraculous that it got better so quickly as I couldn't imagine how it was all going to repair itself.  The body really has an amazing capacity to heal (with a little help from the vet).

Tony's hair is growing but he seems to be staying the same small size
Looking through Sunday's photos by Jimmy Tsang of the Whiskers N Paws puppy afternoon, I'm really surprised that funny/cute puppy Tony is still waiting for a home.  This little guy has everyone falling in love at first sight, and he must have been photographed more than any other pup in HKDR history.  He has the swagger of someone who knows he's a star and takes it all in his stride.  I'm still trying to work out what kind of mix he can be but I'm fairly sure he's not going to be a big dog when full grown.  If you are interested in being the lucky adopter of this unique and interesting little guy please complete the adoption questionnaire on the website www.hongkongdogrescue.com (under Adopt).  You can meet him any day of the week at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre by arrangement, or any Sunday at Whiskers N Paws.
Tony and Suzie will both be smaller sized adults

Jonny has to leave his current foster this week
There are, of course, many other gorgeous puppies waiting for homes that aren't shown on our website, the reason being that they grow and chance so fast that it would be impossible to keep updating their photos and information.  You can meet all of the puppies at the Sunday Whiskers N Paws afternoons, or any day by arrangement.
Tim is Jonny's brother




No comments:

Post a Comment