Tuesday 26 March 2024

Tues 26th March: A reminder of the early days

 I was reminded of the early days in my dog rescue life when I got an evening call from a neighbour telling me that a dog was in the water, and asking if it was one of mine. I knew it wouldn't be one of my gang because all of them were snoozing at home, but in any case I ran over to see what was happening, and indeed there was a dog standing in the sea.  Thankfully it was a warm evening so I was happy to wade in and loop a leash round the dog's body, dragging the poor thing onto the sand.  It was clearly exhausted,  so I put it in a large crate and left it in a safe place overnight with food and water, and when I checked early this morning it was fast asleep.  The question remains where did it come from, and what to do next? To be continued ....

Tara is a shih tzu-terrier cross 

The puppy I mentioned the other day (the result of an "accident" in the park) arrived as arranged, and went straight to a foster home but not before a potential adopter had been introduced and had fallen instantly in love.  It wasn't surprising, because when I saw a photo of  now-Tara I guessed she wouldn't have to wait very long before being chosen, even though she only has one working eye.  All things being well Tara will be in a new forever home by the weekend.

We have something coming up that should be of interest to all yoga fans (and I know there are plenty of you), and even those whose idea of yoga is to stretch out on a comfortable sun lounger .


🐶Join us at The Upper House HKG on April 13th!
🌟HKDR Adoption Day & Charity Sale @The Lawn, Upper House

Meet some of our small to medium-sized dogs at the Lawn of Upper House! Learn more about HKDR's work and support our charity sale all in one place! You might just meet your furry friend for life there! 🐕
🕑Date & Time: April 13th (Sat) 2pm-4pm
*Dogs under 10kg are welcome to join
🌟Pacific Place Offices Tenants Exclusive - Charity Doga Event
Stretch with wagging tails for a good cause! Join experienced and dog-loving Yoga teacher Tina for a relaxed session with your dog (under 10kg).
🕑Date & Time: April 13th(Sat) 11am-12noon
Participation fee: $100 (Pacific Place will also donate an extra $100)
*All proceeds will go towards HKDR
Register via Pacific Place Offices App

For everyone who has been asking, yes, we are open throughout the Easter holiday, and every other day of the year. If you're interested in coming to meet any of the dogs that are waiting for homes, please start by completing the questionnaire at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/.


No comments:

Post a Comment