Thursday 28 March 2024

Thurs 28th March: Becoming semi-retired

 It will have to be a very short post today as I have to leave home very early to get a dog to the vet.  Unfortunately there's no HKDR van to drive me to Acorn as I was reminded that Friday is a Public Holiday, and although I was very kindly offered a one-way lift I'm still left with the problem of getting back.  In fact I had arranged to take two dogs over before I considered the logistics of trying to lift a very heavy dog inside a large and also-heavy crate and realised I just wouldn't be able to do it. 

I have also been thinking about the reality of writing a daily blog, something that I have been doing for many years now.  My mornings are always busy with taking care of the dogs, feeding, walking, giving medications and so on, and adding the time it takes to write even a short post, then to find the appropriate photos and links, means I'm tied up until lunchtime.  To be able to get the dogs to the vet today I had to get up very early and the walk will have to be abandoned, which is OK occasionally but not on a daily basis. 

I know that I have a lot of loyal blog readers, for which I'm very grateful, but most of them have already adopted, or may not even be in a position to take a dog home, and we already see a far greater response to our social media posts about individual dogs than to my blog.  For example the French bulldog Bumper had been featured several times on my blogs, but it wasn't until his photos were shared on Facebook and Instagram that we had a big response. 

So I have decided that my blog will no longer be a daily one, and I will only share stories and information that I feel are important and which haven't already been posted on our social media pages. So many of my Lamma dogs are old now, and they need my care and attention more and more, and that's what I want to give them. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment