Monday 26 February 2024

Mon 26th Feb: Dogs, puppies and Wills

Doodle and her new family 

 I have lots to write about again today, and I'll start with Tai Po news as lovely doglet Doodle was adopted.  I'm sure she's going to be very happy with her new family too.

Big-Little Gabby

One of the dogs that arrived with the most recent intake at Kennedy Town was too large in the body to fit into our small Homing Centre, although her legs are very short.  This is what I call the Little-Big dogs, or they could be Big-Little, but either way I'm not sure which size category they fall under.  What is absolutely certain is that Gabby is adorable and very sweet-natured, so I really hope someone will see her and know she's The One. 


Photos of the other Kennedy Town puppies (Gavin, Suki and Spud) have been shared on our Facebook and Instagram pages, but I wanted to add the young adults who are also available, and very lovely too.  I'm particularly taken by Griffin, who looks like a teddy bear, but they're all very adoptable.

We had a very enjoyable and interesting meeting at Elgin Street with the Founders of 遺善最樂 ForeverGift.hk, PW Lai and his daughter Ryanne, a company who I'm sure you know by now offers a free Will-writing service, as long as a legacy donation is made to one or more of the many participating charities who are listed, including HKDR of course.  Although we have been working together for some time now we have never actually met before, so it was good to learn more about the background and how it all started.  

Yannie, myself, Margaret and Winki with PW Lai and Ryanne 

What I did know before is that writing a Will is a very important issue, but many people put off doing so for several different reasons, one of which is the cost involved. Now with this totally free service, which provides professional advice and guidance through all the ins-and-outs of what's involved,  I would urge everyone to consider getting a Will sorted, and having peace of mind that whatever happens your family and friends won't be left to deal with things they may not understand.  A Will can be written in both English or Chinese, and for more information you can email hi@forevergift.hk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment