Monday 12 February 2024

Mon 12th Feb: A great day out

Lambert and Lily 

 With just one more day to go of the Lunar New Year holiday, I'll be happy to get back to more of the usual work routine even if I know almost everyone else won't be feeling the same way.  Apart from anything else, we can resume the Sunday Puppy Party at Whiskers N Paws, although I suspect that both Lily and Lambert will be spoken for before the weekend.  

A great day out for both dogs and humans

The traditional Tai Po volunteers hike went ahead as planned, and you can see that everyone had a great time.  Apart from the invaluable help that volunteers provide, it's also a perfect way to meet new like-minded friends and get plenty of healthy outdoor exercise any day of the year.  We've had at least one marriage as a result of couples meeting as volunteers, although of course that's not the point of lending a helping hand.  

Many of our volunteers are people who have full time jobs that mean they don't have the time to take care of a dog at home, so it's also  perfect way to balance work commitments with a love of dogs.  

Kimmy is adopted 

I'd been wondering, as I often do about certain dogs, why Kimmy the pomeranian was still waiting for a home, so I was very happy to see that he was adopted today.  Now I can turn my attentions to the many other dogs and puppies who are ready and waiting, and there are plenty of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment