Tuesday 27 October 2020

Tues 27th Nov: All in a day's work

 I was just looking back over the messages and emails for the day and thinking to myself that there's never a dull moment in this line of work.  


The  adopter of an ex-breeder poodle from a while ago asked if I had any idea what the plastic tags found inside the dog might be, and was wondering how they even got there as it's apparently not the first time.  I have no idea either, do you?
Poor Mimi, ex-Zita, somehow has these inside her and they were obviously making her very sick. 

I was asked if we could take a (very lovely) dog that was found wandering, and after having said yes and let the Tai Po team know that it would be coming, another message came that the dog's owner had been found only to be followed up with the news that this person wasn't the owner at all!  I suspect there will be more on that story coming. 

An email arrived from AFCD Sheung Shui asking if we could take four baby pups who needed bottle feeding, and as it was too late to arrange pick up today that will be done on Wednesday instead.  Cindy will be busy again, as if she needed the extra workload.

Soemone else asked about the export/import requirements for taking ex-HKDR dogs to the UK while another question was about car sickness and what was recommended to help.  I'll help as much as I can but try to recommend professionals rather than give answers that may not be correct.


The adopter of Etta wanted to know about her siblings, adopted a few years ago as puppies, and although I can picture them in my head, especially as one had an eye problem, I can't remember their names.  Etta was the shy one who get left behind, but after four months she's doing really well in her home now. 

Back to the business of our current dogs and puppies, I've been choosing some photos from our volunteers' Facebook pages, like these lovely shots of Bowie by Harryn.  Brother Luca has already been adopted but I think Bowie is beautiful. 


While Harryn's page is private, you can see lots of Ap Lei Chau dogs and puppies here: https://www.facebook.com/HKDR.DOGGIES

and Tai Po dogs here: https://www.facebook.com/HappyWoofHK


If you're interested in meeting any of our dogs or puppies, please start by completeing the questionnaire at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoptio-questionnaire/

Adult dogs are posted on our website www.hongkongdogrescue.com/dogs/ but puppies are only shown here or on the Facebook pages I'v mentioned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment