Monday 26 October 2020

Mon 26th Oct: Missing puppy cuddles

 Baby Archie moved from his foster home to his forever family today, and unlike in the past when all puppies started off living with me on Lamma, these days they come and go without me even seeing them other than the photos.  It's especially true now that I'm working from home most of the time, and I miss the puppy cuddles and the happiness of watching them all play.   


Archie was one of seven puppies taken from AFCD two weeks ago, with three being from one litter and Archie and his three siblings from another, and all heading straight for their respective foster homes.  We haven't had black-and-white fluffy pups for a while and I've got a feeling these will be snapped up once they're old enough. 



Luca is another puppy who was adopted today and before I even got to meet him in person, even though he and his brother Bowie had recently returned to the Homing Centre from their foster home. 



Names have been added to the photos of the still-available small-sized puppies in case you want to arrange meetings, but I suspect these gorgeous little ones won't be around for long now that they're old enough to be adopted (again directly from their foster homes).


One of the two shiba inu boys that we took from AFCD not long ago was adopted today.  Bonsai was the lucky one, with Kenzo still being available.   These two were apparently from a large group surrendered by a pet shop, although given their ages I think it's more likely it was a breeder.  They're a bit different from many shibas in that they have very sweet temperaments and without the guarding and biting tendencies of too many.  

Today I received a surrender request for another young shiba inu girl for exactly these reasons, so once again I can only warn everyone who's thinking of buying that cute little "fox" puppy that you may end up with more than you can handle. 




No comments:

Post a Comment