Monday 6 July 2020

Mon 6th July: Another sad story

This senior labrador urgently needs a place to stay
We're hearing more and more sad stories about dogs that are losing their homes, and this one is an urgent case of a senior labrador girl whose current owner is heartbroken about: "I have been through a very difficult time during my consideration before I write this email. I am having a Labrador which is 12 years old since my house‘s owner gave me a very serious warning and not allow me to have my dog with me anymore so that before I can find another place to stay with my lovely dog, is that possible to let my dog stay in your organization?"



 I really don't want the dog to have to stay at our Homing Centre in the heat when she's been a family member for so long and living inside, so if anyone can offer her a home either temporarily or for the rest of her life please get in touch immediately.  You can contact Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com as a first step, thank you.
Jelly found a new home quite quickly

The smaller dogs usually don't have to wait long for a new home unless they have some bad habits that make it a bit harder.  Yorkshire terrier Jelly has already left the Homing Centre, as has young shih tzu Brady, but funny Igloo is still with us and so is French bulldog Romeo.  Igloo is unfortunately a noisy girl who demands attention, and the sad fact is that most potential adopters have neighbours that would complain.   We need to find a home where it wouldn't matter, and eventually I feel that the attention-seeking behaviour would moderate considerably anyway.  Igloo isn't a biter, she just craves attention and company.
Igloo just wants attention

Romeo's problem is that he hates other dogs so we have to keep him separated from them, and although he's taken out for walks and cuddled by volunteers when they have time, it's a sad life for him.  I know there's exactly the right home for Romeo somewhere, but we just have to be patient and wait.   He can't be with children, and ideally he would like to be in a single parent home with its own outdoor space.  He doesn't need much in the way of exercise, in fact he has funny feet that make too much walking difficult, but he would love a garden or patio if that's at all possible.


The two new puppies, Janie and Jilly, arrived at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre today, and like the others they will have to wait until after Tuesday when they will be vaccinated even if they already have adopters waiting. In fact it looks as though one of these newbies is already chosen and I haven't even seen a photo yet!

For all adoption enquiries please begin by completing the adoption questionnaire at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/



No comments:

Post a Comment