Monday 1 May 2017

Mon 1st May: Big Anniversary

It's been exactly seven years since we made the "Big Move" from Pokfulam to Tai Po, an event I'm reminded of several time a week when I go to AFCD and see the old site still sitting there empty.  Our current Homing Centre was only meant to be temporary while we continued our search for a permanent place, but that search is still ongoing as available land becomes more of an unreachable dream than ever.  Possibilities crop up from time to time, and just recently I became momentarily excited about a place that would be amazing if it wasn't for the price tag of $130 million.  Do you think there's anyone out there who has that sort of money to donate?

For now I'm still as grateful as ever for the generosity of the donor who made the literally life-saving offer when we had to move out of the Pokfulam Kennels, and that day will stay with me for ever. Some of our dogs who were with us on the 1st May 2010 are still waiting for a home even now, and the chances are that they will end their natural lives as HKDR dogs.

Chestnut needs a home
I'd like to think that the Public Holiday today was in remembrance of that Big Move as a "Labour of Love Day", even though it isn't of course, and we have yet another holiday coming up on Wednesday. As much as most people enjoy these extra days off, it affects adoptions as so many take the opportunity to get out of Hong Kong, so I'm looking forward to a stretch of time when there are no interruptions.  I need to find homes for my growing Lamma puppies, and in particular Chestnut, a smaller-sized boy who was in foster from a very young age and who is really not happy about being one of many in an outside enclosure.  He yearns for human company and attention, and it's very upsetting for me to see him like that.  His siblings have all been adopted and are doing so well in their respective homes, so can anyone offer a place for Chestnut? Please email me at sally@hongkongdogrescue.com if you are interested in this lovely little guy, or can even foster until he finds a home.
Chestnut is small sized

No comments:

Post a Comment