Wednesday 13 January 2021

Weds 13th Jan : Catching up

 

I was halfway through my blog yesterday when the internet connection went down and I was offline for the rest of the day, and very frustrated too.  


However everything has now been restored so I can catch up on some news, not that too much has been happening but we did have one puppy adoption and a new pom, Button, going to a foster home.   Also my favourite puppy Mandy will be leaving to start her new life so there aren't too many puppies left at the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, although many in foster homes as I mentioned previously.  As always please check Eagle's Facebook page for lovely photos of the dogs and puppies: https://www.facebook.com/HKDR.DOGGIES/



We took in a new little dog today, a surrender due to financial difficulties, and described on the surrender form as a male French bulldog.  Actually she's neither male nor a French bulldog, but a very sweet girl anyway and I fully expect that she'll be gone before I can blink.  I called her Lola after a very old song some of you may know. You might think it strange that someone can have a dog for several years and not even know the gender, but we see some very strange things.


Another funny story was about a stray girl puppy we were requested to accept, and as it wasn't a young puppy I asked that it be dropped at Tai Po Homing Centre rather than Ap Lei Chau.  I subsequently received a photo from Tai Po of an old male dog (left) that had been delivered, nothing like the puppy, and it turned out that the van driver, who is well known to rescue groups and frequently drives animals around, had accidently picked up the wrong dog.  This dog was microchipped so I was able to ask AFCD to check if there was a registered owner, which there was, so the dog will be going back to wherever it came from and we hope the next delivery will be the right one. 

There was sad news about one of our ex-HKDR dogs and a famous personality in his own right.  Jasper the Old English Sheepdog was probably familiar to many of you, both for his work as a student therapy dog and for his many appearances at all of our events over the past years.  Rest in peace Jasper. 

I was right about the need for "Frostie Fosters" as indeed frost has been reported in certain places, and the cold weather seems due to stay for a while.


We've been getting lovely reports from the foster homes on the dogs that were lucky enough to find warmth and comfort over this period, and here's black fluffy Mountie and our dear Felix, both long-termers at Tai Po.  You can see Felix's photo and foster update here https://www.facebook.com/HappyWoofHK, 
as well as many other lovely photos of our Tai Po and Ap Lei Chau dogs and puppies. 

For adoption enquiries please start by completing the questionnaire at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/

Just a quick note for anyone who was on my personal Facebook page and has noticed it's disappeared, I deleted the page and moved to another site, I didn't unfriend you. 

1 comment:

  1. Who is this lovely dog, with crossed paws in the photo above? He looks right at home. Is he big? He looks like he is. XXX

    ReplyDelete