Thursday 21 January 2021

Thurs 21st Jan: Getting ready for a busy weekend

 My day starts early and I try to reply to emails that have come in during the night before I walk the dogs, and also try to finish work by the evening so I can switch my mind off and relax before bedtime.  For some reason today I was still checking messages at a time I would normally be in bed, and was able to agree to taking some more puppies due to be dropped off on Saturday.   They appear to be quite young but not needing to be bottle fed, and I'll see if there's any more information available in advance of them arriving.  


With so many dogs and puppies in foster care at the moment we've all been busy replying to enquiries, with Cindy arranging meetings for the puppies who are moving to their forever homes.  In fact there have been so many that I had to ask Cindy to let me know who the lucky ones are and which ones are still available, and the weekend looks as though it's going to be a busy and happy one for some of the adults as well that we've been posting details of on the HKDR Facebook page.  

I'm also receiving many enquiries about volunteering, and while the social distancing rules are still in place we can't hold the usual group orientation sessions at either of our Homing Centres.  However since we're so short of weekday help at Tai Po we can accept individual applications, but this is really for Monday to Friday only.  You can email info@hongkongdogrescue.com if this applies to you, but please be patient and wait a bit if you can only volunteer at weekends. 

Thor is starting to get used to home life

The second of the three ex-warehouse dogs had his adoption confirmed after a very short foster/trial, and Chuckle is now officially Thor.   He's been very lucky in finding himself an adopter who understands that it will take time for him to transition from the life he was living before to being a family member, but Thor is doing well and getting more confident every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment