Thursday 4 July 2019

Thurs 4th July: Come and see our Tai Po Homing Centre

Have you seen this dog?
I really want to find Tina the terrier as the days are passing and there's been no news, with no sightings reported either.  There's a chance that she's been picked up and taken to a home, or maybe even a vet clinic for scanning but she has no microchip.  I can't stop thinking about her and hoping that she's OK, but more than anything I want her back safely.   I remember another case of a little poodle running away, a tiny little girl called Gem who must have been found by someone and kept for a while before being dropped back on Ap Lei Chau Main Street.   She was then brought back to our Homing Centre after we had long lost hope of seeing her again, and subsequently adopted, so her story gives me hope for Tina.  Please keep sharing so if anyone sees a little terrier running in the Ap Lei Chau, or maybe by now Aberdeen area, they will know where she belongs.
Gem when she came back to us

I was back at AFCD today to take out a couple of young puppies, not because I want any more but because they are there and need help.   One of them is a lively little boy I've called Scrumpy, a funny and very outgoing character who has obviously lived in a home before.  The other one is clearly from the same family as previous brindle puppies, and she's much quieter and more reserved.  I've called her Cider, and for those that don't know, 'scrumpy' is a kind of rough cider, famous for making you drunk very quickly.
Scrumpy (centre) is checked out by the other puppies


Yesterday I mentioned that many of our dogs were once pets, and there's a dog at AFCD who fits into that sad category.  He's a Great Dane, five years old and obviously very large, so if there are any fans of this breed please let me know.  Giant-sized breeds don't have a very long life span so at five years this boy is already considered to be mature-going-on-old, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a home and some comfort.  His now ex-owners said they were moving, an unacceptable reason for abandoning him at AFCD.   I do wonder if these people feel any kind of shame or guilt, but I honestly don't think they do.

Every adoption, like Mochi's, is great news for us
It's a tough time for all rescue groups now, but with hundreds of dogs at Tai Po and the heat with rain making working conditions very challenging for the humans, and unpleasant for the dogs too, any adoption is cause for celebration.  Mochi was taken for a trial recently, and she has now had her forever status confirmed so we're all very happy for her.   She's a lovely and very easy girl, just as so many of our beautiful dogs are.  I hope July will be a good month for adoptions, and please come and visit if you want to take a look at what we do.  If you haven't already been to Tai Po I can guarantee you'll be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment