Friday 19 July 2019

Fri 19th July: Mystery of Michelin solved

Toffee enjoying a scratch
By the time most of you read this post I fully expect that dachshund Toffee will have been adopted, at least I hope so.  I don't think I've received so many enquiries for the same dog in such a short time, and the strange thing is that he's not even particularly young at six years, and he's not interested in playing with other dogs and far prefers toys and human contact.   I thought that shiba inus were the breed of the moment, but judging from the stampede to adopt this sausage dog there's another even more popular one.  I hope that Toffee finds the home of his dreams and that the other potential adopters will look at the many other small dogs we have that are waiting.
Michelin and his family


One of the Tai Po puppies was adopted today, and it's a funny story because I'd been corresponding with his now-adopter for a while without actually knowing who Michelin was.  I knew it wasn't a name I'd given, and assumed it was an older AFCD puppy from Sheung Shui that had gone straight to Tai Po.  However after Michelin had been picked up by his family, others were asking where he came from and nobody was really sure.  It was Kathy, who keeps records of all the dogs, who said she was pretty sure he was one of a group dropped off at Ap Lei Chau a couple of weeks ago, and she was right, he was the only puppy that arrived at the same time as terrier Tina, who managed to escape and caused all sorts of problems in the following days (she's back and happily settled now).  Michelin, who at that point didn't have a name, went straight to Tai Po and now he's left to start a new life.
Tina is circled while Michelin is the one facing away

Icy looks very much like Michelin


I know where Icy came from because I remember her very clearly from AFCD Pokfulam.  She was one of the most recent Stanley Barracks intake, and from the start she was incredibly sweet and friendly, even while I dealt with an infected wound on her face.  Icy was at Acorn today having her second vaccination, and I think she recognised me and wanted to say hello before settling down on the back seat again.   For a family with children, one year-old Icy would be perfect, because she just wants to love and be loved.

Terrier puppy Pringle 
Our long-term volunteer Becky will be at Concordia Pet Care in Happy Valley on Saturday afternoon with a collection of puppies needing homes, as well as a couple of smaller-sized adults.  One of the puppies will be terrier-poodle cross Pringle, unless he's adopted in the morning, and he's a very cute little guy.  He had been adopted previously but family illness meant he had to come back, and I'm pretty sure it won't be for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment