Friday 26 July 2019

Fri 26th July: Life Saver Club photo mishap

It's not a great photo but Irwen's sponsor can see he's well and happy
I took a day off today as I'll be working over the weekend, and Saturday means a very early start to be able to get things done before heading out to WeWork in Central for the adoption event.  I did have one job I had to do, other than writing this blog and replying to emails, and that was to take photos of some of the dogs that are being sponsored via the Life Saver Club.  It's not as easy as it sounds when you have as many dogs as I have, so I waited until we were out on our walk and there wasn't a crowd. 

It worked well until, not paying attention, I walked straight into a spider's web and ended up with one of those huge spiders on my face which caused me to throw my phone in the air. Although it has a full cover, it flew open and the phone landed face down resulting in several cracks from top to bottom.  I had only recently replaced my previous phone for the same reason, so I was really annoyed with myself.  At least the Blackberry still works and I managed to get all the photos I needed, and if you're one of the sponsors who'll be receiving updates on your dog you'll know the story behind my efforts.  If you would like to sponsor any of our HKDR dogs please contact Ellen at lifesaver@hongkongdogrescue.com for details of the various sponsorship levels available. 

Volunteer Harryn was also taking photos at Ap Lei Chau today, and although there are lots to share I wanted to give big puppy Lewis a bit of attention.  He's a very lovely lab-alike who'll grow to be about the same size as a labrador, and you can meet him at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre any day.
Kara looks very happy to be at home with Barry


There was some very happy news about one of our Tai Po dogs who had gone for a trial with another ex-Tai Po doglet, Otto-now-Barry.  Now called Kara, our sweet rottweiler-cross has completed her apprenticeship as Barry's friend and she is now formally his sister.
Another dog we know will be going home on Saturday ahead of the WeWork event is Webster, a lovely little dog whose new family have already been several times to meet and get to know him.

If you're planning to come to our Saturday adoption event, or Whiskers N Paws on Sunday, I'll see you there.



1 comment:

  1. How lovely that there will be some photos of Life Saver dogs coming up soon. I would love to see a photo of my Life Saver dog, Lima, who would be 7 years old now.

    ReplyDelete