Tuesday 28 June 2022

Tues 28th June: Re-visiting once-familiar places

(Apologies again about the odd layout of today's post, but I'm still trying to work out how to fix my computer problem). 

 It was all about vet visits today including one of my Lamma dogs, Doris, who was booked to have her teeth cleaned as well as a general check-up.  All of the dogs that live with me are seniors now, so I'm always having to keep an eye open for signs of age-related ill-health, although dogs can quite easily hide the fact that they're sick.   If you know your dog well, which I hope applies to everyone who has a dog at home, you need to look out for subtle behaviour changes such as where they sleep or how they greet you, lack of appetite, or in fact anything that seems to be even slightly out of the normal.  It's really worth the time and money to have annual health checks when your dogs are in double digits, meaning over ten years of age (or even young for giant breeds).  Over the years dogs develop habits that are so ingrained that any change is worth investigating. 

Is Tobias the father of these three?

Taryn



On the way to pick Doris up from Acorn, we also had to stop at ALCVC where the two new small-sized dogs had been having their health checks.  Taryn, the female, is a very sweet and pretty girl, while Tobias looks very much the boy.  In fact comparing his face to the three small-sized puppies who came at the same time, I suspect he might be the father. 

From Ap Lei Chau the next stop was AFCD Pokfulam to have the two dogs licensed, and it was quite strange for me to be there as it used to be a place I visited at least once a week, usually more, to check on the new dogs and puppies that had come in.  Since all of the Covid restrictions began I haven't been able to do this, but if there is ever an end to the situation I will start up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment