Wednesday 4 May 2022

Weds 4th May: We'll always choose the best home on offer

Bichon boy Bibby

 I know that we will be getting a lot of adoption enquiries for a new dog that came to us today (and totally unexpectedly), so I'm going to start by saying that we will look at all of the questionnaires and choose the home that we feel can offer the best of everything.  The dog I'm talking about is a one year-old bichon frise breeder reject due to the fact that he's missing a toe, but I'm quite  sure he's not bothered at all by this.  I called him Bibby (a shortened version of bichon boy), and he'll be ready to go to a new home after his vet check and licensing on Thursday.   Any potential adopter should be aware that he is almost certainly not toilet trained having come from a breeder, but as always any adopter from HKDR can get free training advice from our very experienced and qualified trainer, Cactus Mok.  Here's the questionnaire that we ask everyone to complete as a first step in the adoption process:  https://hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/


Bibby is staying at our Kennedy Town Homing Centre, along with a few other small dogs and young puppies, and I realised today that it's very hard to reach everyone to let them know that we're no longer at our previous Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre.  I received a message from a volunteer dog walker who had turned up at our old space after having been away for a while, only to find that the whole building had gone (at least I assume that's the case as I haven't wanted to check for myself).  It's also not easy to find the Kennedy Town Centre if you don't know where to look as it's in a small lane, so not visible from either of the main roads that it runs between.   The easiest way to find us is to come from the Praya side and look for the big motorcycle shop, and then you'll see Sai Hong Lane.  If you come via the MTR then look for the C2 exit of the HKU station, and we're a very short distance from there. 

Dotty and Daniel are at KTHC


 

Kim and Kelly in foster 

We have so many puppies that came to us as newborns, and who are now reaching the age when they are just about ready for adoption.  In fact it's very easy to lose track of who's who and where they're staying, and when I see the photos posted on our Facebook and Instagram pages I have to look back through my list of new arrivals to try to place them in my mind.   Our Foster Coordinator Cindy is the one who arranges and organises everything as far as the foster dogs and puppies are concerned, and she does an amazing job too.   

Toppy and Trent in foster


1 comment: