Tuesday 1 February 2022

Tues 1st Feb: A happy start to the New Year and month

 Kung Hei Fat Choy!  Happy Year of the Tiger! 


A wonderful double adoption to start the New Year


The celebrations seem to be muted compared to other Lunar New Years, hardly surprising given the situation, so I'm going to start this short post with a boost of optimism as two lovely dogs went home together from our Tai Po Homing Centre.  Jiggle and Waffle are mother and son, so we're especially thrilled that they didn't have to be separated, and I have to thank the adopters for adopting both when their intention was to take only one.  I think, and hope, they will see that having two dogs is double the joy, fun and love, not double the work. 


I've been receiving many lovely New Year updates on dogs that have been adopted from HKDR, but I think this video of Alison wins the made-me-smile prize.  Alison came to us as a puppy and was originally adopted with the intention of flying to the UK.  However when flight plans fell apart and Alison had fitted in so well where she was, she stayed, and Ziti was susequently the one who went to live in England.  Both dogs are now enjoying their dream lives.

There are so many ways to show the individual characters of dogs, and watching television (or a computer screen) is just one of them.  I have one Lamma dog who likes to watch TV with me, while all of the others aren't interested.  Some dogs love toys, or balls, swimming or just chasing the waves, but whatever it is each dog has their own unique nature and personality.  


1 comment:

  1. Love your dog watching TV with you. My ginger cat, Bobby was a street cat whom I fed for One Year, and I decided to catch him and bring him home. He enjoys the good life and regularly sits on my lap to watch TV with me, especially Animal Planet or National Geographic!

    ReplyDelete