Thursday 3 February 2022

Thurs 3rd Feb: A quiet and cold day

 I hurried through my morning duties of feeding and walking the dogs so I could be ready to take part in an RTHK programme by 12.15pm, with Eva (Sit) also taking part.  I had declined to be in the studio, so while Eva stood in for me in person I was being interviewed by phone, and for that I had to be in a place where there was a strong enough signal, which for me means the beach.  It was pretty cold standing there waiting for the call to come in, and while I was wondering what had happened I got a message from Eva telling me she was on her way to the studio, and confirming the interview time as 1.15pm - and hour later than the time I'd been given. I just had time to go inside and warm up before heading back out again, and because the noise of the wind on the beach was apparently too loud, I ended up sitting in the rubbish collection point where I was somewhat shielded from the icy blasts. So if you hear the interview with James Ross, or listen to it at any point, you can picture me amongst the bags of rubbish and sitting on an old air conditioner. 

Melanie is now Lucy (with big brother)

I can now share an update of Melanie, now Lucy, who was adopted from Tai Po when it was already too dark to take a photo.  She has a big brother to follow, which is always very helpful during the settling in period.

There are also other dogs whose adoptions are waiting to be confirmed, so while it seems as though nothing's happening (and admittedly it's been very quiet over the Lunar New Year break), we have been getting visits from potential adopters at both of our Homing Centres.   As soon as the adoptions are confirmed I'll share the names of the lucky dogs, of course. 

It gets a bit confusing as the names sometimes have to be changed when older puppies move from Ap Lei Chau to Tai Po, but Melanie (who used to be called Melody) has a sister, Marina, and she will be flying to Canada as soon as a flight can be arranged.   

No comments:

Post a Comment