Thursday 24 December 2020

Thurs 24th Dec: Christmas Eve update

 Merry Christmas everyone!  There's nothing like a dose of puppies to lift the spirits, and I had a great time playing with them at the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre today.  There's definitely a group of gang leaders when it comes to the games, and they all want to sit on top of you if you happen to be on the floor like I was.  


Mandy is tireless and I love her to bits, but her coat/skin is looking so threadbare that she's not attracting attention, although we need her to go to a home where there's another dog as she really loves company.  I took this photo and greeting from Iris as it shows Mandy's shabby head very well.  She's been treated and the condition isn't infectious, so she can still mix and play with others. 


Indigo is another puppy who  is bold and sassy, and the family who adopted her today love that side of her.  They were torn for a while between Indigo and the two new arrivals just returned from their foster home, Jada and Marina.  At first these sisters were so scared they were literally screaming with fear, but it didn't take long for them to want to see what was going on and to venture out to join the party.  However Indigo was the first choice and she'll be going home after Christmas. 

Lotto was also joining in the games and he seems to be smaller-sized, at least in relation to most puppies of that age.  I'm pretty sure he won't be a large adult. 

What really surprised me was to see little Tuffin joining in and playing so boldly, as he really is a small puppy and will be a small-sized adult.  Pingu is also a small size, but he was sleeping under a bed with Minty.  Here's the video as a reminder of Tuffin and Pingu playing, along with Polar already adopted: https://www.facebook.com/HKDR.DOGGIES/videos/211990840510813




I have to mention one of the older puppies as he is such an amazing boy in terms of character.  Cider only has one eye so he has been overlooked for adoption, but he's such a friendly and loving doglet, and desperate to be part of a family.  I really hope that one of the many potential adopters who visit and are greeted by Cider will realise that one eye is plenty when it comes to the love and loyalty of a dog. 

The last two of the puppies that came with their mother, Sarah, were taken for fostering today meaning we can get Sarah integrated with the other dogs and desexed. 

I had some wonderful news today which made me very happy.  Several years ago there were two puppies that lived with me on Lamma before they were adopted.  Bea and Sophie were best friends and I was thrilled that they could stay together in their new home, until one day I got a message telling me that the adopter was leaving Hong Kong and wanted to give the dogs back. I was incredibly upset, not only because the dogs were losing their home but also because of the callous attitude of the man who became very nasty when I asked why he wasn't taking his dogs with him.  He then cut off all contact and I had no idea what had happened to Bea and Sophie, until a couple of weeks ago when I was asked for some help with getting them to the UK in terms of paperwork.  Today I received this photo of the two girls who are now in London, safe and happy, and I'm so pleased that I can finally put them out of my mind. 



No comments:

Post a Comment