Tuesday 3 December 2019

Tues 3rd Dec: Routine is essential for shy dogs

Bun is an older lady now
My blog's a but late today as I've been having to deal with a couple of emergency cases that cropped up, not on Lamma,  but I do also have some dogs that are still trying to deal with the break in routine that took place on Sunday and Monday due to the early starts. 

It may sound strange, but the timid dogs especially really need to have a strict daily routine to make them feel secure, and one of those dogs is Bun.  She has to be fed at a certain time and always on top of the kitchen counter with me holding the bowl and encouraging her by repeating "Eat Bun, eat".  Because I rushed out of the house too early to fit in with Bun's eating schedule, she ended up not eating at all for two days, and despite me trying every trick in the book to get her to come for her breakfast (lunch, dinner or any time at all), she refused.  She's a skinny little dog at the best of times so I've been very worried about her.


We've got an extra adoption event this coming Saturday to make up for the one we had to cancel previously, so we'll be at WeWork in Central, LKF Tower, 1pm to 4pm with smaller dogs and puppies.


No comments:

Post a Comment