Saturday 24 June 2017

Sat 24th June: There's more than one poodle

Two super-sweet foster poodles Toffee and Treacle
It was a mixed day of potentially happy news, meaning adoptions that could go ahead but aren't confirmed yet so I can't write about them.  I know only too well that even being sure doesn't guarantee anything, as demonstrated once again by the non-appearance of the little poodle that I already had a few nice homes lined up to meet.  The current family eventually wrote back to say they had changed their minds and would be keeping him, which is good news of course but more time wasted.  We have many other poodles which I hope potential adopters will consider, but when people have their mind set on one particular dog they rarely look at any other.  It seems strange to me to be so focused on a dog you have never met but that's the way it works.

There are 4 in this litter of black labalikes
Now of course my thoughts are with and about the puppies and Whiskers N Paws, and wondering how many I can manage to take over and how many I'll be coming back home with.  I hope that with the summer holidays we will be seeing more foster homes offered, and perhaps even this Sunday will be a lucky one in that respect.  There are seven new youngsters, four of which are the black labalikes (Inky, Nibs, Mole and Nero), and many others that are growing up too fast.
Wendy now 


Wendy was a totally gorgeous fluffy baby and I was so sure she would be adopted in a flash, which takes me back to the first paragraph and my comment about not taking anything for granted.  Wendy's now four moths old and still lovely, just a little less fluffy, and the bonus is that after having been in a few foster homes she's completely house trained in every way.

Maximus is the bigger brother
The two baby pups, Maximus (Maxi) and Minimus (Mini) that went straight to a foster home when I got them from AFCD this week are still too young to go to Whiskers N Paws, but just look how adorable they are.   They could be adopted as a pair at this age but for now they're very happy where they are.

If you are able to foster a puppy please contact Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com for details.
Play play play
Minimus just makes me smile

No comments:

Post a Comment