Wednesday 22 February 2023

Weds 22nd Feb: Young Abby and senior Amber

 I'm feeling incredibly frustrated by the ongoing issues our website and emails, especially as I thought this was all in the past.  I don't understand anything about this technical stuff, so all I can do is quietly pull my hair out and hope everything can soon be permanently fixed.  In the meantime you can use these links for the adoption and fostering questionnaires, and for anything else you can email me at sallyandersen.hkdr@gmail.com:

Adoption Questionnaire :
Foster Questionnaire 

Abby at the vet today having a vaccination

There is some good news to counteract the annoying, and that's the first adoption of the large group of puppies that came to our HKDR@Elgin Centre two weeks ago.  Abby was taken home for fostering shortly after the pups' arrival, and now she will be staying.  Abby is a bit older than the others in the group, and with the sweetest personality, so I guessed she wouldn't be coming back. 

Amber made the flight to the UK at 13 years

I also had news of a dog that was adopted thirteen years ago as an older puppy, as she recently moved to the UK with her family (and dog-sister).  The reason I remember her so well is because as a just-adopted doglet she got lost in the hills around Sai Kung/Clearwater Bay, and I spent a few days searching for her until she was finally caught in the trap that had been placed in the area.  It's worth mentioning that Amber made the long flight to England without any problem at thirteen years of age, so please don't tell me that a dog is too old to fly when you want to leave him or her behind.

The rest of this week is going to be a busy one, with the delivery of some great new stock for the HKDR@Elgin shop, and a lovely adoption also planned to take place at the same location.  More of all that tomorrow.

We have a ton of puppies waiting for homes, sized from small-medium to large.  If you can't make it to the Kennedy Town or Elgin Street Centres during the week, you can always visit Whiskers N Paws in Horizon Plaza, Ap Lei Chau, any Sunday between 2pm and 4pm for the regular Puppy Party. 


No comments:

Post a Comment