Sunday 15 October 2017

Sun 15th Oct: Another Sunday missed

Serious-looking Harvey is a sweet boy
I'm not sure how many typhoons there have been this year but it seems they all happened on a Sunday.  Luckily I had made the decision to send three puppies over to our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, and both Dilys and Laura found foster homes today.  That leaves only Harvey still in need of a temporary - or permanent of course - place to stay, and he's a lovely character.  If anyone can foster him please let Cindy know at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com, or drop by the Homing Centre to meet him.
Maggie was adopted today


There was even a real adoption today despite the weather, and ex-breeder schnauzer Maggie has a forever home now.  She and shih tzu Gavin had recently represented HKDR at a the C.C.C. Heep Woh College where our Education & Training Manager Cactus explained why no one should support the cruel pet industry by buying.
Maggie and Gavin prepare to give their talk


Josie left Tai Po on Saturday
I forgot to mention that Josie at Tai Po also found a home just in time to miss the typhoon, and she is another one of the "J" litter to be adopted.  They all started off on Lamma but there were so  many of them and all so alike that I ended up sending most of them to Tai Po.  I know Jerry is still in a foster home and waiting to be chosen, but from memory the others have all been adopted.

Jerry still needs a home


The coming week is going to be a challenge for me as I have workmen coming to do repairs to the house on Lamma, and that means I have to be around to make sure the dogs are out of the way.  I'm not quite sure how this is going to work out but it does mean I will have to be up to walk the dogs very early and won't be able to leave the island until all work is completed.  I can't say I'm looking forward to it, especially as my plan to set up a daytime camp in the garden with the dogs won't now work thanks to the rain.

Please complete our Adoption Questionnaire if you are interested in giving any of our dogs a home http://hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/

No comments:

Post a Comment