Friday 20 October 2017

Fri 20th Oct: Finally the weather we've been waiting for

Now both Kiera and Kimmy are at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre
It's a very strange time right now, as there are more puppies coming back than going out and not much movement anywhere else.  Returnees are fluffy baby Keira and four month-old Ashton, with foster pup Dilys also returning to Lamma to join ex-singleton Harvey.   I can't recall ever having so many puppies coming back, even if Dilys will be fostered again after the weekend if not adopted on Sunday.  I'd also offered to look after Evie for a week when her new family were away, the pre-arranged holiday having been the only barrier to adoption, so she will be joining the others on Saturday.
Harvey was the only Lamma puppy until the others came back

Ashton is temporarily (I hope) enjoying a beach holiday on Lamma


On top of this, I am having to stay at home to manage the dogs while the workmen are here carrying out some repairs to the house, and Kathy has also had to come along to translate my questions.  The work that I was expecting to have been finished by now has barely even started, and it's turning out to be an incredibly frustrating exercise.  The dogs are wondering why there are strangers in the house, and the only positive aspect of the situation is finding out that at least the dogs aren't acting aggressively and Griffin was even stretching out his paw in friendship to one of the workmen, as well as showing him his (sadly meagre) collection of toys.
Griffin needs more toys





Maybe I'm just a besotted dog parent, but I'm very proud of Griffin's tidy habit of putting each toy back on the bedside table when he is bored with it before taking another one.  Does anyone else have a dog that does this?

I haven't been able to leave home much at all this past week, so I asked AFCD Pokfulam to let me know about any new dogs or puppies that arrived.  It's been a quiet period for them too, which is very good news even if I can't speak for the other three AFCD Centres, but there was one new arrival today, a standard poodle boy.  We see many poodles of course but very rarely standard size, so for anyone wanting a larger dog with a curly poodle coat you might be interested.  This boy is cream coloured and eight years old but in good condition I'm told, and I can send a photo if requested.  Please complete the adoption questionnaire on our website www.hongkongdogrescue.com (under Adopt) as a first step.

The weather is finally what we would expect for this time of year and the puppies are going to have fun at Whiskers N Paws on Sunday.  You can also pick up your Peak to Fong ticket/T-shirt if you are planning to visit as the event itself if now less than a month away.   I think this is going to be our biggest Peak to Fong so far, and we have lots of live entertainment for the afternoon as well as more stalls than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment