Saturday 25 March 2017

Sat 25th March: Good luck Flanders!

The weather forecast was (happily) completely wrong for today, and hopefully Sunday's threatened heavy rain will also stay away (having just written that it started to rain).  Regardless we will be at Whiskers N Paws for the puppy afternoon, and inside if we have to be.  I have too many gorgeous pups who need homes, and nothing but a Signal 8 typhoon would keep me away.

The puppy at the back already has a home
One of the new puppies that arrived only yesterday and was sent to Tai Po has been incredibly lucky and has already been chosen for adoption.  She will be picked up on Sunday so there's no photo to show yet, but she's a very cute fluffy girl.
Flanders at Whiskers N Paws

Sweet Flanders was also finally given a chance, and he has left the Homing Centre for a week's trial. He's gone to Lantau where he has already been introduced to the delights of the local buffalo poo, something I think all the local dogs enjoy rolling in.

I missed having my day off today as I had to take Biff back to Acorn for scanning and a blood transfusion, with Diamond as the donor.  I'd been concerned there was something other than tick fever going on with Biff although the scans thankfully revealed nothing ominous, even though tick fever in itself is no laughing matter. Unfortunately however,  Diamond turned out to be a poor candidate  as they were only able to squeeze half a bag out of her before she "dried up", meaning another Tai Po dog will probably have to be sent on Sunday to finish the job and poor Biff had to stay at the clinic when I picked Diamond up at the end of the afternoon.

There's been lots of interest in Peanut, but she's a dog that needs a lot of exercise
Peanut finally left the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre for a trial adoption, but other than that it was a bad day for the small dogs who seemed to be showing various signs of being unwell in one way or another.  To top it all I noticed that my Murphy was licking his paw a lot and on inspection saw that he had an infected toe, something which can be very hard to treat.   Unfortunately while Murphy loves being shaved and even having his face hair trimmed, he refuses to let me touch his feet so he tends to have big fluffy "slippers" which hide his toes.  Shaving his legs is going to be a job for Iris I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment