Saturday 18 March 2017

Sat 18th March: Drowning under a mountain of puppies

One of the four babies
I have little "love bites" all up my arms where the baby pups attach themselves and suck strongly as they wait their turn at the bottle, but at least it keeps them occupied.  With four wailing mouths to feed and only one pair of hands I'm desperately hoping that someone will step up as a foster parent, and maybe two kind offers of help will come in soon.  It shouldn't be long before the pups can feed themselves and that will be a bonus, but the lack of space at my house means the giant puppy cage has to be of top of my work table, leaving me crammed at one end to try and do my work.  Puppies at this age aren't hard work in the sense that all they do is eat and sleep, with a few minutes of tumbling around in between, but I really don't have the time for even that much.  So please, if you can take a pair of little ones off my hands let Cindy know at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com, thank you.

Mufti was adopted today
An older baby found a home today as little poodle Mufti left with his new parents, and new name of Mertz.  Thanks to his adopters for waiting for the right dog to come along rather than going to a pet shop, because even if we don't have what you're looking for immediately, chances are he or she will come sooner or later.
Mufti is now Mertz

There was happy news from puppy Rupert's foster home as after only one week of having him the whole family had fallen in love and he'll be staying where he is.  Rupert has three equally lovely siblings and they'll be back at Whiskers N Paws on Sunday hoping for the same luck, along with so many other beautiful youngsters that I've lost count.
Now-adopted Rupert and his family

It's the older ones that really need homes now, fully vaccinated and ready to go for walks, puppies like Wigbert, Sesame and Dylan, all of them unique and special in their own way.
Sesame and his foster brother

No comments:

Post a Comment