Monday 13 March 2017

Mon 13th March: Forever busy

Polly was lucky to get to the vet for surgery
I was hoping for a quieter few days but that's not happening, and I was back at my usual haunts with the new ex-breeder dogs for licensing and vet checks.  It was just as well for one of them as she had an infected uterus (pyometra) which needed surgery, while the other three were at least in reasonable health.
Coming soon: papillon girl 5 years old


On top of that I got an email about more dogs available for homing from AFCD Sheung Shui, one of them being another vizsla which I assume is from the same source as the other two.  I needed to arrange homes for these dogs to avoid them going to our Homing Centres, and it was easy for the vizsla having had so many offers for the previous pair.  I've also lined up somewhere for an old bulldog as long as he doesn't have anything infectious, and am hoping to hear back very soon about a golden retriever boy who's also coming.  That only leaves a young a very cute papillon to place, and I'm not at all worried about her.
We have so many puppies now, and they are all beautiful and very sweet

Dylan will be a medium-sized adult
My main concern is still puppies that came back from foster homes and have ended up on Lamma and having to live outside due to me having no other space, not to mention a blind dog that thinks all puppies are squeaky toys.  I'd taken three of them to Acorn for their due vaccinations, one of them being Dylan.  He's a particular favourite of mine as he's such a lovely character, and quite small sized for his age.  I can clearly remember him as a baby being so cute and funny, and now he's four months old and just as sweet.  When I got back to the bay where I live I let the three pups out of their crates for a play on the beach, and they absolutely loved it.  Dylan discovered the joys of seaweed and racing round on the sand with it in his mouth, and the only problem I had was trying to catch him when I really had to get back home.  I hate that Dylan and the others have to live the way that they do, and am once again asking - begging - for foster homes for these puppies.  I have thirteen of them on Lamma right now and that's far too many.   It's also started to rain in case you haven't noticed, and that's another very good reason for needing homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment