Monday 31 October 2016

Mon 31st Oct: Breaking Peak to Fong tradition

Xena was picked up today
I had a day off from dog work as I was at the dentist, but I'm happy to report that puppy Xena left the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre today after having been left behind on Sunday at Whiskers N Paws, so I'm ready to receive the new batch from Stanley Barracks on Tuesday.  They're not baby pups however, and are already six or even seven months old, but they are lovely and hopefully will find homes too before too long.
Shiba inu daughter


We're also expecting a couple of new dogs from a breeder, and while I was told they are shiba inu mother and daughter I'm not convinced they are purebreeds,  Still, that has never stopped any breeder or pet shop from selling the puppies as such, and we've seen some very strange variations of "breeds" over the years.  The fact is that as baby puppies it's very hard to tell what they will look like as adults so it's easy to pass them off as whatever the breeder wants to call them. As long as these two new dogs are small enough to stay at the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre that's really all that matters, not whether or not they are "real" shiba inu.

Breaking tradition by wearing the Peak to Fong T-shirt
This year has flown by and I really find it hard to believe it's already November with Peak to Fong now just under two weeks from now, and Christmas just around the corner.   I was wearing my "Beauty" T-shirt on Sunday, not something I usually do before the event itself but there was a reason for me breaking tradition.  It was because the naughty dogs in the office had secretly opened some T-shirt packets for a game while no one was looking, and left several with holes in them.  I took one with an almost-unnoticeable hole, while Cactus took another that had more serious damage, and the remaining few can be used for our Tai Po dogs to wear on the day itself.  The rest of the stock has been moved out of reach, but there are really very few remaining that haven't already been sent out to the various outlets shown, and the additional Sai Kung Pets Central selling point.
Pets Central in Sai Kung are also selling the Peak to Fong T-shirts


No comments:

Post a Comment