Thursday 4 March 2021

Thurs 4th March: Catching up

Look at Mops now, a different dog

 I keep thinking I should write my blog on the actual day shown in the heading, as by the next morning I'm already working on new enquiries and happenings and the day before is already a jumble of fading memories.  That means I sometimes miss writing about things that I meant to say, like sharing this lovely recent photo of Mops, whose adoption was confirmed the other day.  I described her as a poodle cross initially, because that's what we assumed she was, but she was shaved except for the mop of hair on her head so it was difficult to see exactly.  Now she looks more like a terrier cross, but either way she's a happy and lucky girl thanks to her "failed foster".

Boogie is on his way to Spain

Boogie is another happy and lucky little dog as he has already landed in Amsterdam on his way to his new life in Spain, only days after his adoption.  He made the flight without any problem, and acted like nothing at all had happened on his arrival at the airport.

Julius


Adding to the number of dogs at Tai Po, we took in an older puppy today, a very lovely boy who was given the name of Julius, which was first meant for now-Bucket.  I don't think Julius will be waiting long for a new home somehow.

Why would you use this on any dog?

I'm often tempted to name names when it come to bad trainers (and bad adopters/owners), but unless the names are already public I can't do so.  However I would like to mention that any trainer who starts by saying a dog should wear a prong collar is a bad one, and in this particular case I'm happy to report that the adopter agreed and walked away.  It's tempting to use a trainer that lives close to where you are, particularly if you're on an island, but a few people have mentioned this particular one to me and not in a positive way.  Please be careful about which type of training you use, because it's so easy to traumatise a dog and turn it into a fear biter.  If it helps, just think if that is how you would teach a child, and if the answer is no then don't do it to your dog either. 

1 comment:

  1. How shocking! The Prong Collar should be banned!!!!! That's absolute torture!

    ReplyDelete