Monday 10 August 2020

Mon 10th Aug: Puppy foster/adopters needed please

I probably made a mistake in posting photos today of recently-surrendered bichon Beanie looking blissfully happy and relaxed on Iris's lap as she was grooming him.  It's not that the photos are faked in any way, it's just that our Homing Centre staff are very experienced and confident in handling nervous and biting dogs, and Iris is also a trained groomer who knows exactly how to make a scared dog feel safe.  After sharing the photos on the HKDR Facebook page I received so many enquiries about Beanie, but none that I felt truly understood that he really needs a home that can continue what we have achieved so far in terms of gaining Beanie's trust.  There are other small dogs currently available that are very easy in terms of behaviour so we're in no real hurry to move Beanie out.


I was asked if we would be able to take in quite a large number of puppies that someone had discovered, at least two litters and possibly as many as fifteen or so.  I don't know how many will end up being caught and brought to us, but we do need foster homes if any one help.  These pups aren't very young babies and we can assume they'll grow into regular large-sized adults, so please bear that in mind if you're considering adoption.  Please contact Cindy if you can foster one or a pair, and for adoption enquiries complete the questionnaire at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions to help me with my very limited knowledge of computers and all things tech-related, and I have made some adjustments which I hope will mean my blog posts will work from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment