Friday 7 February 2020

Fri 7th Feb: It's Santa's day today

Big baby Santa left for her new home today 
Santa was taken home today, another lucky and very lovely older puppy who found her forever family.   There are still Sidney and Zeb at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, with Zeb being pretty much fully grown now and still no more than medium sized, while Sidney will be a large, but very sweet, adult.    Next in line are the "Boat Litter" of Canoe, Dinghy, Paddle and Tiller, all exceptionally good-natured boys, just fully vaccinated and really ready to step out into the big wide world as family members and companions.
Big Sidney and little Zeb 


Paddle was with me when I went to Acorn today to get his last-of-three vaccinations, along with Oscar who's one of the litter that arrived shortly after the "Boat" puppies.  Both pups are in a foster home together, and it's always a bit of a shock to see how much they've grown since I last saw them.  Oscar reminds me very much of a puppy we had before who became quite famous, and some of you may remember Tony.  Anyway all will be at Whiskers N Paws on Sunday, just with the reduced hours of 2pm to 4pm (rather than 5pm).
Dinghy and Canoe (and Tiller) stay at Ap Lei Chau

This is Tony, and I think Oscar looks just like him

I went to Acorn via AFCD to take out a dog that had been surrendered by her owner, and the poor girl was so traumatised she hasn't been eating.  As a result she's emaciated, although we managed to get the vet records from the previous clinic and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her.  I wish her ex-owner could see Pippi now and to understand what happens when you abandon your pet like that, and the extreme fear and confusion caused.  I hope Pippi can settle and adjust now that she's out of AFCD kennels, and I'm sure photos and an update will follow soon.

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes our to poor Pippi. It's very terrible to abandon your dog and family member! I can't understand people who do that! Grrr.

    ReplyDelete