Wednesday 17 January 2018

Weds 17th Jan: Dogs want to be your companions

I've been asked if we can take a couple of dogs from a home breeder and of course I said yes, while at the same time asking the contact to remind the "accidental" breeder that an Animal Trader License is required for any type of breeder or seller of dogs and puppies, even if it's a one-off transaction.   I'm told there are a lot of dogs at this home and they are all living in cages, so I'll do anything I can to get them out and into homes.  Unfortunately I don't know where the breeder lives or I'd take direct action myself of course but for now these two dogs are the lucky ones as they apparently bark too much, and who can blame them?

Shiba-corgi boy 11 months
One is an eleven month-old shiba-corgi cross, male, the other a female Springer spaniel, age unknown but I think young.   If you are interested in either of these dogs please complete the Adoption Questionnaire on our website www.hongkongdogrescue.com (under Adopt), and please understand that we we will choose the most appropriate home for each.  Springer spaniels are sporting dogs that require a lot of exercise (and not to be kept in a cage), and we don't know the temperament of the shiba inu cross but they can be difficult dogs, as can corgis.

By some miracle, my computer and monitor suddenly decided to work again after weeks of problems ending up with a complete break-down.  I'll never understand these machines, but I'm more than happy to be able to work normally and without the daily frustration of having to constantly unplug and re-boot, and I spent a fair bit of time today watching and re-watching the lovely video that was made for us by some volunteers:  
https://www.facebook.com/hkdogrescue/videos/1856058177740239/
I look at those dogs and wish every one of them was in a home as someone's companion, and remember when I found them and how they came to us, some as puppies a long time ago.  Please take a look, or another look if you have already seen it, and maybe think about coming to meet the dogs at our Tai Po Homing Centre.  We are open every single day of the year from 10am to 6pm, including Public Holidays and typhoons.
This is no life for any dog but especially a springer spaniel


No comments:

Post a Comment