Monday 15 January 2018

Mon 15th Jan: Still battling computer problems

One of the 4 Chai Wan puppies taken before Christmas
Back at AFCD today I saw that the dog catchers had been out to Chai Wan Cemetery once again and had brought back several puppies.  Adults from that area that are picked up don't make it out alive, an irony that wasn't lost on me, and the puppies seem to be infected with a very stubborn strain of tick fever.  I was allowed to take one puppy out today and a blood test at Acorn confirmed she also had the disease, so she is now sharing her Lamma space with the previous litter of four from the same place.  I have had Melba, Toastie, Foxy and Whiskers since before Christmas and they have been back and forth to Acorn for re-checks and tick fever injections, but today's blood tests showed all had failed to work.  Now I have to start on the dreaded Liquid Gold, which is a real and messy nuisance when you have five puppies needing to be medicated with the sticky liquid three times a day.

Cadet
I also took out a six year-old poodle boy, now called Cadet (it sounds similar to his previous name) and he is obviously very scared at the Homing Centre with so many dogs inspecting him as the newcomer.  Still, I have to say that it doesn't seem to me that his old home was a happy one, and the fact that he was abandoned at AFCD confirms that.  No loving family would take their dog there, and Cadet is really very thin and unkempt.  I'm sure there will be a big change for the better coming very soon.

I'm still struggling with computer issues which means having to unplug and re-start every few minutes, so writing my blog is taking a ridiculous amount of time so apologies for having to keep posts short.

1 comment:

  1. Sally, Molly could be related to my corgi Cookie. Can we touch base? How can I catch you? Look fw to your indication.

    ReplyDelete