Tuesday 23 January 2018

Tues 23rd Jan: It's corgi time

I didn't have any dog-related duties today and instead spent the afternoon in a meeting about this year's Gala Dinner event, which takes place on Saturday 13th October.  That seems like a long way off but with the way time flies by and the planning involved, especially with this year's double celebration of the Year of the Dog combined with our 15th Anniversary, it's going to be a particularly special evening.  We already have a lot of ideas in place, the theme and many other things, so if any companies would like to be involved as sponsors please let us know. 

I was just diverted from my blog by a message which prompted me to check my Spam inbox, and I found several emails that had ended up there somehow.  Luckily they hadn't been waiting too long but we are still having ongoing issues thanks to repeated hacking attempts, so if you are waiting for a reply please try again.  I think I've caught all of the stray mail but you never know.

We now have some background on Molly but still no vet history
One of the lost emails was regarding the corgi Molly that I took out of AFCD recently after having been told she had cancer of the leg.  Thank to you to person who knows Molly's background and gave me all the relevant information, although it's still quite incredible to me that a vet clinic can't recognise their own clients by the microchip numbers, and seem quite disinterested in even trying to help.  We know the clinic who have all the records but they might as well be on the moon.

The other female corgi was surrendered to us today, so we now have two and both are lovely dogs.  It seems strange but the female corgis do seem to have much nicer temperaments than the males, although I'm not sure why that would be.  We are expecting a very young male corgi, less than a year old, who apparently has the typical problem boy behaviour and I'm hoping that being so young it can be trained out of him using positive methods.   If you are interested in any of these three corgis please complete the adoption questionnaire on our website www.hongkongdogrescue.com (under Adopt).
The 3 girl poodles will be desexed on Wednesday

The male ex-breeder poodles came back from Acorn following their desexing and dental treatment, and the females will be going on Wednesday for the same.  They are all sweet dogs so I hope they will soon find new homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment